Classic Vixen 80mm x 910mm long focal length refractor optical tube unit with tube rings, mounting plate, optical finder and eyepieces
Superb optical performance. We were amazed at how razor sharp the views are with this highly affordable classic long focal length Vixen refractor. Aside from the well made optics this is also due to the well known fact that achromat doublet telescopes with focal lengths longer than F/8 produce images with hardly any noticable chromatic aberrations.
They are also brilliant for observing the Moon, planets and splitting binary stars. The correct image diagonal being a more convenient 90 degree style also surprised us for the sharp views it produced and so this telescope makes for a great terrestrial instrument as well as astronomy.
- Aperture 80mm (Fully multi-coated for high contrast images)
- Focal length: 910mm f/11.4 (excellent lunar / planetary and terrestrial scope)
- Comes with 2 parfocal plossl eyepieces 20mm and 6.3mm
- 1.25 - inch 90 degree Diagonal with correct image view
- 6X30mm finderscope and mounting bracket
- T-thread (42mm) camera adaptor for photography
- Tube rings and mounting plate
Despite its physical length, the terrific OTA serves well as a guide scope at only 2.8 Kgs