Excellent USB 2.0 monochrome CMOS camera for Lunar - Planetary and deep-sky imaging camera with ST-4 and ASCOM compliant auto-guiding port and software
The superior performance, resolution and sensitivity of the black & white (monochrome) version of the LP-GUIDE cameras.
If you're venturing into astro-imaging for the first time on a tight budget and would like to view and image the Moon or planets and with plans to take some auto-guided long exposures with you Digital SLR in the future, then this is definitely the device for you.
For auto-guiding this amazing low-cost camera achieves 9th magnitude stars using an f/5 80mm refractor at 1 second exposure from our testing... More than plenty enough for most requirements. Up to it's 15 second exposure mode you can do nice deep-sky images also with a well polar aligned mount and taking dark frames.
- 5.5V / lux-sec (550nm) green-sensitivity, beyond ICX618 and with no FPN (Fixed pattern Noise)
- Sensor:AR0130 - 1/3 - (4.8x3.6mm)
- Resolution: 3.75 x 3.75 um pixels
- Up to 30FPS at 640 x 480 (60 fps or greater using ROI) and 12 fps 1280 X 960 full resolution (dependent on memory and speed of your computer. Faster frame rates using ROI function
- Long exposure supported 15 seconds and greater
- Protect Image Sensor window with clear AR coating on both sides
- Built In ST4 Auto Guider Port allows for the easy connection to your favourite auto-guider software
- Native/ASCOM/WDM driver;
- Aluminium housing with standard 1.25" interface (outer) to fit 1.25 inch telescope eyepiece holder
-CMOS 1.25 inch eyepiece style camera
-Clear window filter for keeping dust off the image sensor
-Extra 1.25 inch C-mount nosepiece
- 2.0 metre USB cable
- 2.0 metre Auto-Guiding cable
-CD with imaging video and still capture software plus ASCOM driver
- Length (inserted): 34mm
- Length (overall): 50mm
- Weight: 65 gms
Supported Software for this camera includes:
Will also come to focus with telescopes of limited inward focus capability like the Coronado PST solar scope.
Suitable for beginners to advanced. We have tested both for planetary imaging and as an auto-guider and they work exceptionally well for both applications and is an absolute bargin for the current introductory price.